Bug Base: Release Notes
Release candidate 3 with two major bug fixes:
- Struts Actions are made thread and session safe.
- Transaction handling for database access corrected.
After more than one year of inactivity, Bug Base has been
updated to the latest version of
Second release candidate of the first production
quality release fixing bugs of the previous release:
- jsp-parts/utils.jsp and
reference to JspException is
- Configuration files for
- The default configuration file
WEB-INF/web.xml is no longer
supplied. Please select the suitable one from
- Documentation updated and improved.
This is the first release candidate of the first production
quality release. A test suite
is provided to insure the quality of this release.
- Warning: Please do not use versions
1.0-b1 and 1.0-b2 of
struts. Upgrade to
is replaced by
in order to provide internationalized exception messages.
- Filenames of attachments are forced to be RFC2396
checks for each request if the user is allowed to execute
it. In prior versions, this was insured by the clients.
- Page author changed to
The Bug Base
Project to prevent the author to be blamed for their look
and feel ;->
- Date field added in the reports overview list.
- Access control to bug reports implemented. Users may only
view those reports where they belong to the report's group.
- Bug fix in jsp-parts/editregistration.jsp.
- web.xml: configuration of UploadBugReportServlet removed,
since the servlet does not exist any more.
- BugBaseAdminApplet: bug fixes for adding new users.
- LoginDialog: bug fixes for JDK 1.3: dialog size set
directly, not for the content pane.
- Javadoc errors fixed.
- Error pages for all JSPs set.
- Minor code improvements
- bug fixes:
- Mailing a message to the bug author after modification
of the bug report is working now.
- LoginManager is introduced in order to validate
project may be
set as request parameters for
- bug fixes:
- Initialization of table
bugreports failed for
jsp-parts/editbugreport.jsp: table error
- Documentation restructured.
- Case sensitive table names do not work with MySQL. Several
- web.xml was not included in the binary distribution.
- third party products updated to actual version:
- struts: 1.0b2
- ant: 1.3
- Hypersonic SQL: 1.60
- mySQL driver: 2.0.4
- The com.oreilly.servlet package is no longer required
since Struts supports multipart messages.
Since Hypersonic SQL has changed its package structure, the backward
compatibility is limited. In order to update an older version of Bug
Base, please execute the following steps manually:
- Shutdown Bug Base (i.e. stop your servlet engine or at least the
Bug Base container).
- Delete the file bugbase.properties.
- Edit bugbase.script and replace all
occurencies of org.hsql
by org.hsqldb.. This is necessary, since
Hypersonic SQL stores its function definitions in the database
- Restart Bug Base.
bug fix: attachments with HyperSonic always got
0 as index number.
searching extended (bug author and doctor)
no-cache pragma added in all top level JSPs.
- support for MySQL added
- documentation: usage chapter completely rewritten
- navigation bar contains links to the major tasks
Bug fixes in savestate.jsp and BugBaseAction.saveOriginalRequest.
- Sorting of the overview list added.
- Searching: Search text implemented.
- bookmarking of bug reports supported.
JSP pages for bug report editing integrated.
- JSP for editing registration data added.
- HyperSonic SQL is connected via a servlet.
- Bug Report details: status and bug level internationalized.
- Bug Fix: After language selection, a forward to the last page
visited is generated.
First JSP based version.
- Emails sent after bug report updates contains the user
logged in as sender (not the bug report doctor).
- Bug fixes for email support.
Bug Base Applet: Saving multiple modified bug reports
at the same time.
Bug fix: Administration panel: changing user data resulted in
NULL as password.
Support for attachments added.
Email support added. The reporter of a bug report can
be informed by email, when the bug report is updated by
Bug Base has been released in its first public available
version. Please note, that Bug Base is currently ALPHA version.